Tuesday, June 14, 2016

The Tug...Responding When God Calls

I know He wants me writing...I think about it innumerable times each day...

....but I'm so busy....

Every morning I sit in my daughter's room while she is still asleep in mine...I draw the shades and look at the sky while I have my time with God....

And I tell Him...

"Whatever You want me to do Lord, I'll do it..."

...but you see, I'm so so tired...

Life truly is an amazing journey, and I love the living and the loving and the busy days I spend with and for my children and husband, for my God.

Yet I am so so tired...  

I have found myself injured on and off for the better part of a year now, with the 9 months prior to that being in the marvelous throes of pregnancy...I've loved being pregnant with my third and I've loved every newborn moment of this last year with my third and my other two beloveds. 

Still, I am just so tired...

...and the being injured...next to the sleepless nights given by my precious smallest one, the being injured part has been laborious to endure...
While I have certainly improved, I am still on the road to recovery and it has been hard.  The discomfort constantly reminds me that I'm not wholly myself , and the sleepless nights coupled with this injury well, they're enough to test even the most hardcore among us...

And yet still I hear Him unmistakably, in my heart, telling me to write...

And so I am...

...not as quickly as He has nudged me, though I'd like to say I responded so...

...but I am here now...and I'm ready to hear what He's been waiting to say...

Speak, Lord...Your servant is listening...
Picture via YouVersion Bible App

No comments:

Post a Comment