Wednesday, May 14, 2014

5 Bible Verses for When Your Flat-Out Exhausted

Like all mothers out there, I'm exhausted.

Most mornings, before my feet even hit the floor, my thoughts dance to the reassurance that I'll surely get to bed earlier this coming evening...earlier, at least, than the nights before!

As if you couldn't guess, that actually never happens, but it seems to trick me enough to get my feet on the floor and moving!

One thing I've noticed about "Mom exhaustion" is that nobody cares...
How's that for harsh?!
I mean, of course they care, 
but when it comes to kids, that caring is shown in an 
"Awwww your tired? ....Soooo, what's for breakfast?" kind of way!  

To be honest, even this I love...
                           It makes me feel hardcore and like I've made it as a mom.  
Kids will push you to your limits 
and make you realize 
you are far more capable than you ever dreamed!  
They are the best life coaches any of us could ever ask for.  
They make you dig down deep...real deep, sometimes... 
but it's in those moments that you both discover who you are 
and hopefully surrender to who God has designed you to be.

I believe God has, by far, used my children the most in order to reach and refine me for Him, and I find my little personal trainers for Christ simply awesome!

Still...I do get exhausted...
and it's these verses here that have the power to lift me up.  
May they do the same for you as well...
Image by Jessica Bowden


Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary,
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary;
they will walk and not be faint.

This is what the LORD says:
"Restrain your voice from weeping
and your eyes from tears,
For your work will be rewarded,"
declares the LORD...

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

My soul is weary with sorrow;
strengthen me with your word.

You know, come to think of it.  
I really need to have these verses by my bedside...
Rather than reassuring myself falsely of more rest to come, 
how inspiring it would be to start my day off with 
His promises feeding my heart instead!




No comments:

Post a Comment