Wednesday, May 7, 2014

6 Bible Verses to Boost Your Prayer Life


Strewn throughout my life experiences, God's perfect timing has been more than evident.

Sometimes it's "right on", according to my flawed human standards...

Sometimes, in the moment, I find it too slow 
(only to find out later that His response was exactly when it needed to be)...

and yet, other experiences prove His timing to be quite comical...

but always, when I look back, I see that He was there, 
answering my prayers all the while
(even if it wasn't in the way I expected).

Two such instances of His perfect timing have come quite recently..

The first, during last week's post of Bible verses that reminds us we are not alone..
..and the 2nd has come tonight for this post at present..

In both cases, I was struggling.  

Last week had me struggling with feeling His presence, and while I was praying about that, I remembered the  book of Bible verses I'd made for my husband.  
First section of the book was titled "God With Us".  
I don't believe in coincidences.

This week, my struggles surround my prayer life...
I've been feeling like my quiet time with God has been lagging...feeling at a loss about what to pray for, knowing I need to listen more and babble less...falling asleep in the middle of it (*sigh*)...
So, coming to the next section of my husband's book and seeing the title "Fantastic Prayers" just makes me chuckle.
I mean, God is so crazy cool with how He works!

With all that said, here's a few verses for you (&me!)...
If you're struggling in your prayer life too, 
maybe these will give us both the jump start we need!
Image by Jesper Noer via Free Images


Psalm 51:10
Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

Psalm 57:1
Have mercy on me, my God, have mercy on me,
for in you I take refuge.
I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings
until the disaster has passed.

Psalm 119:10-11
I seek you with all my heart;
do not let me stray from your commands.
I have hidden your word in my heart
that I might not sin against you.

Psalm 119:18
Open my eyes that I may see
wonderful things in your law.

Psalm 119:28
My soul is weary with sorrow;
strengthen me according to your word.

Psalm 119:33-37
Teach me, LORD, the way of your decrees,
that I may follow it to the end.
Give me understanding, so that I may keep your law
and obey it with all my heart.
Direct me in the path of your commands,
for there I find delight.
Turn my heart toward your statutes
and not toward selfish gain.
Turn my eyes away from worthless things;
preserve my life according to your word.

Now, I know that there are more verses out there which fit under this topic, 
so if you guys have got some more for me, let me know!  
If I get enough of a list going, I'll gladly update my post!







No comments:

Post a Comment