Monday, June 2, 2014

...Because Memories Are for the Heart...

To My Girl,

When you were born, I was determined to keep a pristine baby book for you..one that would recant your every "first" from birth to marriage...I would collect mementos along the way as tangible proof of how amazing your "first" was, I'd record every tooth grown and lost, I'd even keep the wrapper from that first band-aid, like my mom did for me...but, my Love, you are nearly two now and that baby book still sits on a shelf awaiting with eagerness those moments I swore to keep up with on paper.  


But you know what, Sweetheart?  I've realized that, while that book may be eagerly awaiting it's fill of memories with you, my heart is not, my eyes and ears and arms are not...because, instead of taking time away from us two to steal a moment in a book, I've chosen instead to embrace these moments for our hearts.  I still plan on doing a baby book for you someday, but I'm not worried about it like I once was...it's true that memories fade, so I might someday not as readily remember how you wave and blow kisses to your poopoos as they go down the pot ("Guh-bye, Poopoo! Mmmmmwha!"), but my heart is forever branded by the love you fill it with in those moments...I love you, my sweet girl, and I cannot wait to look under rocks with you tomorrow morning...







No comments:

Post a Comment