Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Blogging Madness

About one week in to the world of blogging, and I must say, I feel I've come leaps and bounds.  I admit that I thought this whole thing, in terms of set-up (&even traffic), would be a piece of cake.  I'd never been "behind the scenes" with site creating before, but my over-confidence told me it would be no problem and that I'd have this amazing blog up and running in no time!  People would be coming in droves just to witness my blog's awesomess and read what witty comment I'd come up with next..."Oh, that Kay!", they'd say, while they pinned and tweeted and blogged about my most recent charm and intelligent quip!

Since then,  I do believe the only traffic I have had has been from my husband, my son, and my father.  That's actually OK though, because it turns out that I hadn't a clue really about what I was doing.  Things I thought would/should be easy took me hours, at times, to Google and figure out.  So, while I still carry the same ambitions about making my blog a happenin' place for all to love and cherish, I've realized that I need to slow down and enjoy the ride, because it's going to be a while!!  

I know I'm not the first to attack their blog creation with the speed of a snail, and I also know I'm not the first to include a "Helpful Hints" section to their blog, but that isn't stopping me from moving forward with the next series of postings I plan on doing.  If there is anyone else out there like me, not only do you need help with your blog questions, but you also need help translating these answers..link-ups and blog hops?  Coding & scripts?  Everybody just slow down a minute while I grab my dictionary!!  Honestly, this blog has made me feel more like an unhip mom than my oldest ever has!

So, as I unravel the mysteries of blogging and it's secret language, I'll reveal them here to you.  I might not have all the answers, but I've researched so much, I feel pretty certain I can point you in the best direction of the people that do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment