Thursday, February 27, 2014

Who Are You Working For?

Short, sweet, and to the point, my friends:

Whatever you do,
work at it with all your heart,
as working for the Lord, not for human masters,
since you know that
you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward.
It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
Colossians 3:23-24

Image by Alicia Jo McMahan via FreeImages
Anyone else stumbling with this one today? My heart remembers who I'm working for when I start my day and again at night when I say my prayers before bed, but in between the here and there, my thoughts wander and criticism rushes in, and yes, even a little bit of self-pity (or a lot, depending on the day)...and it all happens before I'm aware of it!

So, tell me...

What tricks do you practice to keep your heart, mind, and soul 
steadied on Christ throughout the day?

What is it you guys do when the house is a wreck 
and the kids are screaming 
and dinner's not ready yet?  

How do you keep your eyes where they belong...
...and make your hard work be solely for that party of One?  






No comments:

Post a Comment