Monday, April 28, 2014

16 Verses When You Need to Feel God Near

When I was thinking about what to write for my next post, my mind was drawn to this little book of Bible verses I'd put together for my husband a while back.  Categorized by different things he may encounter along his path through this broken world, it really has become a handy "go-to" when he needs something to reach his heart fast.

What I've put together below are verses that have helped both my husband and me when we have felt low, alone, and pummeled by life's unyielding fist...

In them we have found hope and strength and the ever-blissful reminder 
I pray you find the same...


Habakkuk 3:19
The Soverign LORD is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to tread on the heights. 

..."Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you."
So we say with confidence,
"The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
What can mere mortals do to me?"

You will keep in perfect peace
those whose minds are steadfast,
because they trust in you.

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you; 
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire, 
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze. 

Then you will call, and the LORD will answer;
you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.

Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.

But I will sing of your strength,
in the morning, I will sing of your love;
 for you are my fortress,
my refuge in times of trouble.

Truly my soul finds rest in God;
my salvation comes from him. 
Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress; I will never be shaken.

Look to the Lord and his strength;
seek his face always.

The LORD will keep you from all harm-
He will watch over your life;
The Lord will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore. 

But The Lord stood by my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it... 

..."Not by might or power but by my Spirit" says the Lord Almighty.

Psalm 139:7-10
Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.


No comments:

Post a Comment