Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Liebster Award Gratitude!

I'm SUPER excited to say that Cassidy Berd of Busted Heels 
has nominated me for the Liebster Award!!     

                                                

Let me hear you say "WOOOOO-WOOOOO!!"

...And just when I was starting to think I was writing to an audience of one (that "one" being me)!!

Needless to say, I'm incredibly excited about the whole thing and feeling pretty humbled that she chose me as one of her blogs of mention!  As soon as one can, you gotta shoot over to Busted Heels.  It's real, it's raw with emotion, it's heartfelt...did I mention real?  Well, it's tops on my list of things I look for in a blog, so it's worth mentioning twice!!

From what I'm gathering with how this works and all, here are the rules to accepting this award:

1.  Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award...Check!!

2.  Answer 11 questions the blogger gives you...Oh boy! 

What triggered your desire to start blogging?

I'll be honest, initially I dove into blogging as a way to earn a little extra income.  We are new to the single income bracket, and while we always have what we need, I saw this as a way to generate some revenue.  Since then, I've changed my tune and am thinking that God's got something else in mind. I may add money makers at some point on this blog, but for now I feel confident that it's already everything it's suppose to be.

What is your goal as a blogger?

My goal is just to be real...to not hide what real life is like...to help encourage and inspire others to find who they are, to be who they are, and to love who they are...We are all designed for greatness, but I believe that none of us will achieve that if we don't let go of what we've decided that greatness should look like for us.  Kind of an oxymoron...Want to be great? Be small...Want to receive love?  Give it away...Want freedom?  Surrender...

If you had the chance to be someone else for one day, who would you be and why?

Easy...I would be my son...and I would tell the kid at his school that mistreats him that I'm (my son is) something pretty incredible...I'd stand up to him, walk away from the hurt, and surround myself with the right friends.

How would your best friend describe you?  

 In love with God and my family...happy, LOUD, loving, hopeful...BLESSED..

What childhood memory stands out the most?  

There was a new neighborhood being developed, and the road wasn't paved yet...my mom took me there and we ran all around pretending we were in a CandyLand with hot fudge rivers...I'll never forget it...

What is your greatest fear?  

Cheating on this one and keeping that one for me!

What was the happiest moment in your life?

Cheating again and making it multiple moments...my wedding day and the days my children were born..

What is your favorite breakfast food?

BELGIAN WAFFLES...pecan Belgian waffles with maple syrup...our waffle maker broke though...anyone want to send me one?!

If you could go back 5 years and give yourself one piece of advice, what would it be?

STOP!!  Don't compromise who you are...you've come so far...believe in yourself and trust God...
Thank God for His grace, because I did not follow such advice and went down a difficult path...no, make that fell...I fell hard down a difficult path.  Let's just call it what it was...I fell down an abysmal hole...but, by God's grace, I am here and not in that hole...we don't deserve the blessings we have...and I certainly didn't deserve yet another chance, but that's God's grace for you!

What is your drink of choice?

Red wine...a nice glass after a long day, feet kicked up, watching a great movie...still breastfeeding though, so that red wine's on hold!

What is your biggest pet peeve?

Complaining!...I don't mean about the kind of stuff that would serve as a justifiable reason.  I mean the constant, every day stuff that brings on one complaint after another...wait, is it ME that's complaining now?! 

3.  Give 11 random facts about yourself...Yikes!  Here goes...

-I love, love, LOVE to run, but growing up I totally hated it...
-I'm crazy competitive when it comes to sports...
-I have an impossible love of peanut butter...
-And an even greater one for chocolate...
-...I also consume alarming amounts of popcorn...no seriously, it's obscene!
-I'm an extremely private person when it comes to the ones I love.
-I love the romance movies but only my husband really knows that!
-I was so shy in high school that I barely spoke, but now I'll talk to pretty much anyone.
-Naps are my friend.
-Clouds, flat out, are simply amazing...I use to pretend there was a whole city up there when I was a kid...now, when I remember to look up, I still do!

4.  Nominate 11 blogs that have less than 200 followers that you think are deserving of the award. 
Now, I'm not going to promise they have less than 200 followers, but I've done my best!...

Here they are folks...they're wonderful, they're fabulous, they're simply amazing....
Do yourselves a favor and check these blogs out!!  

The Kreiser Chronicles: Trying to figure life out, just like the rest of us, Tessa writes about her experiences as a stay-at-home mom.  She's funny, she's feisty, and she's an excellent source for kids' crafts and activities!

Evolving the Conversation of Mothering:  This blog is about faith and inspiration to be the best mothers...the best women...we can be.  Get ready to feel empowered, refocused, and re-energized with this one!

Ben and Me:  An excellent home-schooling resource, this blog exposes what it's really is all about.  Clearly in love with her son and her family, Marcy takes you through day-to-day living for her and her boy and shows how the only place for God and her accompanying faith is right there in the center of it all.

The Army Chaps Wife:  Another great "go-to" for all things faith, family and home-school, this devoted wife and mom of two writes about the things that make her world go 'round.  Her love of God and family shines through in every post she writes.  A definite inspiration!

Zealous Mom:  This fit mom of two is funny, witty, and has a whole lot of insight into the life and mind of a child.  If you're looking to sharpen and deepen the ol' "family first" perspective, this blog is the right one for you!

Suncoast Momma:  Marya really hits the nail on the head with her very real and heartfelt posts about disability, faith, and homeschooling.  Visit her blog and you'll have a hard time leaving...she really gives you a lot to think about!

Not a Stepford Life:  If you're looking for a witty, "tell it like it is" blogger, this is the place for you!  She's funny, she's insightful, she's kick-you-in-the-pants real...  If you ask me, this blog is a must-read!!

For Him and My Family:  Be prepared to be amazed...this blogging mom of EIGHT (yes, eight!) is an excellent resource for faithful inspiration, homeschooling, and recipes (add gluten free/soy free/lactose free to that whole "mom of 8" challenge!).

Homemade for Elle:  A fellow blogger looking to rid themselves and their homes of the harmful toxins we have unwittingly been putting in and on our bodies for years, you'll find a plethora of information about making the "switch" from harmful to healthful!  Step away from the chemicals and find a healthier way of living here!

Teaching Two Stinkers:  Homeschooling mom to...well...two stinkers, if you are in need of some educational resources, lesson plans, how-to's, or anything else homeschool related, you definitely need to swing by here.  Jenn has done her research, to say the least, and has got one of the most organized and in-depth lists I've seen thus far...a serious wealth of information, if you will!

Don't Lick Your Sister:  With a blog title like that, I'm not sure I even need to say any more!  A working mom of two, Julie writes about pretty much anything and everything we've all had to tackle and endure as moms...No matter where you may find yourself in the early child-rearing process (and beyond, as her children and her blog grow), chances are Julie has covered it!

5.  Let the bloggers know you've nominated them...Did it!

6.  Give them 11 questions to answer...Your turn now!

-What made you decide to blog?

-Are you an early morning blogger, late night, or somewhere in between?

-Early to rise, late to bed, or both? (bordering on the same question, perhaps)

-Coffee or tea?

-Chocolate or ice cream?

-What was your best vacation ever?

-...and your dream vacation?

-Three things your kid(s) would say about you...

-When's the last time you laughed...I mean really, REALLY laughed?

-On that same note, when's the last time you broke out the crazy (& I mean FUN crazy, not the monster kind!) with your kids?

-If you could, would you have more kids or keep the numbers right where they are, thank you very much?!



So that's it!  Thank you so much, +Cassidy Berd, for thinking of me and for giving me this opportunity!

To the 11 I chose...I hope you know I think the world of you and what you contribute through your blogs...THANK YOU for all that you do and for being the inspiring bloggers that you really are!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment