Wednesday, April 2, 2014

SDC: Have YOU 10x10x2x'd lately?

Psalm 119:105
Your word is a lamp for my feet,
a light on my path.

So this Sword Drill Challenge has been very good for me!  Aside from the obvious gain of storing these Bible verses in my heart, I'm also learning which methods work for me and which just don't fit the bill quite as well!  Granted, there have only been the two methods, lol, but I can absolutely say that the Visual method fits my style way more than the reading repeats and writing repeats have so far!  Don't get me wrong, this week's method is a good method, but I still find myself visualizing the verse while I'm trying to recall it...

....and, to be honest, how can I not, what-with the whole picture in my head of me walking a heavily wooded path in the middle of the night...and the brilliant Light of His Word beaming from my sneakers!!  I'm not sure if I've mentioned this in previous posts, but I'm a painter...I love love LOVE to paint murals, and I'm telling you, THIS verse here would make an amazing one...the whole picture is just so cool!

Anyways, I digress...

So, how is everybody else faring with this week's 10x10x2x approach?  (Click here for the lowdown of what that even is!)

I have to say, despite my tendency towards the visualization angle, I really do quite like this one.  I mean, it is, after all, snug in my heart now, so that's perfect...mission accomplished, right?!

I do have a different take on the writing it twice approach that might also work for you too...
            ...I wound up typing it on my phone.
...I just found it to be a whole lot more accessible than pen and paper were to me!!

You know, I can hardly believe we're nearing the end of this challenge!  I have to admit, it's been tough keeping up with these posts, but it's been rewarding!  


Got a method you'd like to share for next week?  I'd love to hear about it!!











No comments:

Post a Comment